It sounds like a cliché, but massage therapy really does have endless benefits for your body and mind
Here are just a few benefits (of the hundreds out there!) that massage therapy can bring:
- Increases joint mobility
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- Releases endorphins ('feel-good hormone')
- Improves circulation, releasing waste and toxins from the muscles
- Helps to alleviate depression
- Increases flexibility and muscle movement
- Helps to improve elasticity, leading to younger-looking skin
- Improves digestion and can relieve constipation, IBS, colic and wind
- Leads to a happier you
A note from Jo: To feel the full benefits of massage therapy, you don't have to have a massage every day, nor do you have to do yoga every morning or drink a litre of carrot juice for breakfast. Don't get me wrong, those things would help! However, I'm not going to preach to you and I'm never going to tell you that you have to change your life. I can simply offer some tips, if you would like. Recognising that you want to take a little slot out of your hectic days to enjoy a massage is a great sign.
I used to do the 9-5 (or rather 8-7) grind too so I'm always a good pair of ears if you want to get everything out of your system and leave behind your day's stress at the massage table. I'm also great at just being silent and giving you the space you need to switch off and have some time to yourself! Remember, this is your time so use it however you want to gain the most benefits for your own wellbeing.
To find out more about Jo, have a look at the here at the About page